This 2-day international conference will gather in Paris academic researchers involved in the field of the economics of Information & Communication Technologies. Theoretical, empirical as well as policy-oriented articles will be presented. The deadline for paper submission is June 20th.
Keynote speakers: Alessandro Acquisti (Carnegie Mellon) and Luis Cabral (New York University and IESE)
Topics of interest include:
- Network competition, diffusion of broadband, regulation
- ICT and productivity
- New business models in the television industry, pay per view
- New business models in the telecommunications industry
- Net neutrality
- Network externalities and standards
- Patents, intellectual property and competition policy in ICT industries
- Piracy, peer-to-peer, copyright
- Software, Open source development
- Privacy, anonymity, security, Digital Rights Management, trust
- Two-sided markets, e-commerce, online auctions
- Price discrimination, versioning, bundling, dynamic pricing
- Word-of-mouth, online communities, informational externalities
- Crowdsourcing, crowdfunding, person-to-person lending
- Advertising, media and online content
- Cultural variety and the long tail of e-commerce
Scientific committee: Marc Bourreau (TELECOM ParisTech), Tobias Kretschmer (University of Munich), Patrick Rey (TSE), Tommaso Valletti (Imperial College London and Innovation & Regulation Chair), and Patrick Waelbroeck (TELECOM ParisTech)
The deadline for submission is June 20, 2011. Articles should be submitted in PDF format to email@example.com.
The Orange “Innovation and Regulation” Chair (http://innovation-regulation.telecom-paristech.fr) will cover travel and accommodation expenses of conference participants who present or discuss an accepted paper. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and visit the web site of the conference at the following address, http://ses.telecom-paristech.fr/econict/.